If you have an issue with your prepaid plan, you could be entitled to a refund. Use our free tool to raise an issue with the service provider.

Pre-paid plans in India offer unlimited benefits at limited prices. Companies offer a wide range of pre-paid plans to cater to the needs of the consumers. This guide will provide you with the solutions in case you face any issues with the service provider. Also, it will inform you of your rights as a user of these pre-paid plans.

How to submit a complaint with a prepaid plan provider?

In case you face an issue, you must:

  • Lodge a grievance with the service provider by simply contacting their Complaint Centre, through their toll-free Customer Care number floated on their website. You can also find it on (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) TRAI’s website.
  • Provide all relevant details viz what went wrong, when did it happen, etc. It is recommended to always provide at least two contact numbers in use. You can contact your mobile postpaid service provider through a call or an email sent via Resolver.
  • A unique docket number, date and time of registration of complaint will be communicated to you via SMS.
  • If the service provider does not respond to your issue, or if you receive an unsatisfactory response, then you should raise your case to the next level. 
  • You may contact Nodal Officer of the service provider-The contact details of a Nodal Officers will be available on the service provider’s web site.
  • You may approach the Appellate Authority to redress the issue via Resolver.
  • The appeal has to be made within 90 days of raising the issue at the customer care centre- after which a unique docket number shall be assigned to you within 3 days. The appellate authority should resolve your matter within 3 months from the date of filing the appeal.

How will Resolver help you?

Resolver knows the next steps to take to escalate your claim and will remind you what to do and when so that your voice is heard and expectedly your issue is addressed. Resolver will help you to submit your issue for free, with no adverts or hidden costs. Any complaint from Resolver is an official complaint, and thus the concerned postpaid plan providers are obliged to act upon it. Resolver acts as a link between you and the service provider you’re complaining to, making it simpler for you to get your complaint to the right place at the right time. Start by telling us the name of the company or service provider you have an issue with, raise a case and leave feedback afterwards.

How long will the call centre take to redress my complaint?

If your complaint is related to:

  • Faults or disruption of service, then it has to be rectified within 3 days,
  • All other complaints within 7 days.

How long will a Nodal Officer take to redress my complaint?

If your complaint relates to:

  • Fault or disruption or disconnection of service then it shall be redressed within 3 days from the date of lodging of the complaint.

  • Other types of complaints will be redressed within 10 days from the date of registration of the complaint. 

What is the time limit within which my charging complaint will be resolved?

Charging complaint related to the pre-paid connections is mostly resolved within a month. Any credit, waiver or adjustment, arising out of such resolution of the complaint will be made to your account within 7  days of resolution of your complaint. In case you face an issue, use Resolver to assist you.

Can I get itemized usage details of my mobile connection, as I feel I am being overcharged?

Yes, your service provider is required to supply to you the itemized usage details for a period of 6 months, preceding the month in which the request has been made. It may be chargeable, not exceeding Rs.50. Resolver can also help you to contact the service provider for the same.

Can I migrate from pre-paid plan to postpaid plan?

Yes, you can conveniently migrate without any additional migration cost and without a change in mobile number.

In Summary

  • Make sure you know all the terms and conditions before investing in a plan.
  • In case of an issue, contact the customer care department of your service provider.
  • You may escalate the matter with Nodal Officer and thereafter with the Appellate Authority.
  • Resolver can also assist you with the redressal process from start to finish.

Helping you with Pre-Paid Plans services

You can raise issues with 7 companies in Pre-Paid Plans services
Key companies include:

Key companies include:

Resolver promises

We will never share your personal data with anyone without your permission - your case will go to the firm you’re complaining about and, if appropriate, to an ombudsman.

If you find something wrong with a company or our processes, tell us and we will put it right.

You can raise a complaint against Resolver via Resolver itself.

We do use cookies, but only to provide you with a better experience.