News, Media & Publications
If you have an issue, you could be entitled to a refund. Use our free tool to raise an issue with the service provider.
Who is your issue with?
In this media age, we are filled with news and information from around the world. However, many times you come across fake or fabricated news. You can file a complaint to the News Broadcasters Association (NBA), who will look into the issue and take a valid action. This guide will brief you on your rights. It will also throw some light on the possible solutions in case you face an issue.
How to file a complaint with a service provider?
In case you face an issue with the news media and publication service provider, you may:
- Retain the paperwork related to the purchase of the service, and contact the online/offline provider from whom you made the purchase, Mostly the sellers have a complaint resolution mechanism in place, including return and refund policies which are stated at the time of purchase. Resolver can help you contact the service provider well in time.
- If the provider denies to help you or does not provide satisfying results, approach the customer care cell of the manufacturer brand and file an official complaint. You can also escalate the matter by approaching the corporate office of the business. Alternatively, use Resolver to escalate your complaint.
- Generally, the provider will assist and resolve your issue within a reasonable time. If they fail to do so, or if you're unhappy with the result, you can serve a months' notice to the company to allow them some time rectify the wrong
- Finally, you can take legal action against the business by filing a consumer case at an appropriate consumer forum. However, it is a long route to take.
In case you have an issue with a news channel. You can file a complaint to the NBA with the Broadcasters that are Members or Associate Members of the NBA
- A written complaint can be made in Hindi or English and must include relevant documents viz. Copy of the complaint letter and reply from the broadcaster, reply received from the concerned broadcaster, Name and address of the broadcaster, Specifications of the news item, programme, date, time and channel of the broadcast.
- The file a ‘Complaint Form’ available on the website of NBA or also at its office.
- The complaint is made to the Legal Head of the concerned Broadcaster, whose details are available on the websites of the NBA and of the concerned Broadcaster. He may take a maximum of 7 days for the redressal.
How will Resolver help you?
Resolver identifies the following steps to take to escalate your claim and will suggest you what to do and when so that your voice is heard and expectedly your issue is addressed. Resolver will help you to submit your issue for free, with no adverts or hidden costs. Any complaint from Resolver is an official complaint, and thus the concerned service provider or seller are obliged to act upon it. Resolver acts as a link between you and the service provider you’re complaining to, making it easier for you to get your complaint to the right place at the right time. Start by telling us the name of the company or service provider you have an issue with, raise a case and leave feedback afterwards.
I made the payment but it was not accepted
If you face problems during the payment process and they cannot be resolved at the time the issue arises, it is ideal to contact your bank or card provider and ask them to investigate on your behalf. This includes your debit/credit card being declined or overcharged.
If your credit card statement contains incorrect charges or charges for products and services you did not receive, then you should dispute these charges. Both Visa and MasterCard offer a zero-liability policy: you will not be liable if your card or card number is used without your authorisation, as long as you have complied with the Cardholder Agreement.
Is the receipt of payment essential for raising a complaint?
The production of a receipt is a prerequisite for every claim of refund, replacement or repair. By not issuing the receipt, the businesses:
- manage to evade taxes, and
- prevent consumers from raising an issue due to lack of evidence
You can complain against those who do not issue the bill. Even a handwritten bill or a kachcha bill is a credible source when filing a complaint. As a general rule, you should always make sure that the shopkeeper provides you with a proper cash memo of your purchase. It is your right to demand a receipt. If a receipt is not provided to you even after repeated requests, you may escalate your matter before the concerned authorities. A payment confirmation email or an SMS received from an online retailer also qualifies as a legitimate receipt. In case you face an issue, use Resolver to help you with the same.
The newspaper I subscribed to went out of stock, what to do?
If you face such a situation, immediately contact the customer care department of your service provider. They will either make efforts to arrange the item for you or compensate for the inconvenience. Remember the newspapers are not issued on three specific days viz Republic Day, Independence Day and Gandhi Jayanti. Thus on these days, service providers are not obliged to supply you the newspapers. Resolver can help you solve the issue for free.
You can raise issues with 2 companies in News, Media & Publications services
Key companies include: