Air Charter & Charter Jet Services
If you have an issue with Air Charter & Charter Jet services, you could be entitled to a refund. Use our free tool to raise an issue with the service provider.
Who is your issue with?
There's nothing worse than meticulously planning a holiday, only to arrive and find out at the airport that there is some glitch in the booking you made. Things can get especially confusing if you've booked through a third party, making it difficult to figure out who is responsible for fixing the situation! With that in mind, read on for Resolver's guide to sorting out your Air Charter and Charter Jet Services issue.
How to raise an issue with a charter jet airline?
- You may take up the matter with Nodal Officer of the concerned air charter with regard to your airfare issue. The details of the Nodal Officer will be given on the air charter’s website.
- Upon response, elucidate on your issue citing all relevant details related to your travel like the booking ID, date and time of booking, departure and arrival destinations, facilities offered, etc.
- If the issue is unresolved with Nodal Officer, then you may approach the Appellate Authority of the concerned airline operator for resolution. You will find the details on escalation on the air charter website. Air Charter/Airport operator is required to redress the grievance within 30 days.
- In case of non-redressal of the matter within the stipulated time frame, you still have an option to take up the matter with DGCA by simply filling out a grievance redressal form or by contacting the authority through call or an email.
- DGCA would hold an inquiry into the matter and may take a final decision based on facts and circumstances. The authority may direct the airlines to pay compensation to the flier.
- DGCA has set up a SUGAM portal as well for a speedy resolution of the complaint filed by the travelers. With the new mechanism in place, consumer grievances are expected to be resolved within a fortnight.
- You can also file a consumer case at an appropriate consumer forum to claim compensation against an issue related to air charter and charter jet service.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation has also launched an AirSewa mobile phone app, where issues related to bookings can be directly posted.
How will DGCA help?
The Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is the chief regulator of the aviation industry in India. Every airline company has to follow the directives, rules, and regulations as laid down by DGCA. It is liable for the regulation of air transportation services to/from/within India and for enforcement of civil aviation rules, air safety, and airworthiness standards. The authority is also the chief investigator in case of mid-flight incidents and aircraft accidents.
The authority has appointed dedicated public grievance officers at various levels whose main job is to resolve consumer complaints. They also have a passenger grievance cell, through which a complaint is expected to be resolved within 15 days. Resolver can assist you in this process.
How can Resolver simplify the process?
Resolver plays the role of the bridge between you and the Air Charter Services. It makes it easier for you to contact the company’s customer service directly. You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsman and regulators to find a resolution. There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the information you need to get things sorted. We’ll constantly be on hand with steerage and support to help you to get the results you’re searching for. Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Start by telling us the name of the company or organization you have an issue with, raise a case and leave feedback afterwards.
An issue with air charter booking or reservation
You are entitled to get a reservation on payment of the charges required for booking a ticket and in case you are not given a reservation than a refund of the paid amount is given. Moreover, the new passenger charter entitles you to correct any errors in your name within 24 hours of booking the ticket without any additional charges. Any corrections made after the expiry of 24 hours can be made chargeable.
Unable to cancel the reservation due to incorrect details
The service provider is obliged to display the cancellation charges and other necessary details during the time of booking/reservation. You have the right to amend or cancel the booking without any additional charges within 24 hours of booking the ticket provided that ticket was not booked in less than 7 days prior to the scheduled departure.
Any error in the name or address may lead to refusal to enter the airport by the airport authorities of denial to board the flight or denial by the immigrant office or denial by the airline during check-in.
Overbooked/overcrowded charter aeroplane
There may arise scenarios where you are being denied boarding because of overbooking or overcrowding. In such cases, you are entitled to get an alternate jet service within one hour from the original flight’s scheduled departure and if such facility is not provided then the airline is liable to pay compensation equal to 200% of booked one-way ticket fare plus airline fuel charges, provided that an alternate flight is offered to you within 24 hours after the scheduled departure.
You can raise issues with 5 companies in Air Charter & Charter Jet Services services
Key companies include: