Prepaid and Travel Card
If you have an issue with the Prepaid & Travel Card, you could be entitled to a refund. Use our free tool to raise an issue with the service provider.
Who is your issue with?
With a significant increase in the use of plastic currency, both the Traveler card and Prepaid card have attracted a sizeable number of users. Travellers are increasingly using travel cards as it proves to be a convenient, smart and secure alternative, to carry the foreign currency while you travel overseas. The prepaid card, on the other hand, proves to be secure and less expensive than the regular credit or debit card. This guide informs you about your rights and present solutions for the issues you might face.
Grievance Redressal Mechanism
In order to get your concerns resolved in a timely manner, you must,
- Contact the card provider via their customer care number or you may also email them on their website. Make sure you disclose all relevant information and provide the required documents.
- Alternatively, you can speak to the branch officials for resolution of your issues or register your grievances through the complaint book available in the branches.
- If you are not satisfied with the response, you may escalate the matter to the Principal Nodal Officer of the Bank.
- If still not satisfied you are free to approach the Banking Ombudsman as appointed by the RBI.
- As the last resort, you may take the bank to the Consumer Court.
How will RBI help me with my issue?
The Banking Ombudsman appointed by the RBI will make a decision on your case either through conciliation or mediation between the complainant and the bank complained off. If the terms of the settlement, offered by the bank are fully accepted by you, the Banking Ombudsman will pass an order as per the terms of the settlement. Further, the outcome will be binding on you and the financial organisation. Compensation offered by RBI:
- For Loss suffered: The Ombudsman has the power to direct the Bank to pay as compensation, equal to the amount of loss suffered because of the act or omission by the Bank or amount up to Rs 20 lakh, whichever is lower.
- For Mental Agony and Harassment: You will be awarded compensation not exceeding Rs.1 lakh.
If the issue is still not settled by way of an agreement within a period of one month, the Banking Ombudsman will proceed further to pass an Award. However, a reasonable opportunity is provided to both the bank and the complainant to present their case. But, this award is not binding it is upon the complainant to either accept or reject it. Upon rejecting the award, you may approach the Appellate Authority which is vested with a Deputy Governor of the RBI. It will pass the order as it may deem fit in the best of your interest.
How will Resolver help you?
Resolver will help you to submit your issue for free, with no adverts or no hidden costs. If you have a bonafide complaint, Resolver will help you to submit your issue for free. Any complaint from Resolver is an official complaint, and thus the concerned authority is obliged to act upon it. Resolver acts as a link between you and the authority you’re complaining to, making it easier for you to get your complaint to the right place at the right time. Start by telling us the name of the service provider you have an issue with, raise a case and leave feedback afterwards.
What to do if my travel card is not working?
You must notify the 24x7 Customer care Card Services without an undue delay, through their helpline number, which will be specified on their website.
What if my Travel Card is declined?
This might happen when you don’t have sufficient funds on your Card to cover the cost of a purchase. You may inform the concerned Bank as soon as possible. Usually, they resolve the issue in a reasonable time. If you still face an issue escalate the complaint via Resolver.
How can I get my travel card replaced?
You may send his request for blocking of the travel Card and issue of a replacement Card to the concerned Bank Helpdesk or Branch from where the Card was issued. They will verification of the security information, thereafter, the card will be blocked and a replacement card along with PIN will be sent on the address you will initially provide. You may also take help of Resolver if you face any issue while travelling.
What shall I do if I lost my travel card while I was travelling?
If your travel Card is misplaced or stolen, you may contact the Helpdesk of the concerned Bank. They will block the Card immediately so that the misuse of the lost Card is prevented or minimized. They may require you to provide certain relevant details
- Type of Card
- mother's maiden name,
- date of birth,
- passport number (to establish your identity),
- You may be required to file a report of the Card loss with the police and submit a copy of the same to the concerned branch.
Travel Card Once blocked will not be unblocked under any Circumstances. To facilitate the process, use Resolver.
Is there any way I can come to know quickly whether a fraudulent transaction has taken place on my card?
For secure transactions, RBI has mandated banks to send online alerts for all prepaid card transactions so that you are aware of transactions taking place on your card. In order to benefit from it, you must register for SMS or e-mail alerts, while issuing the card itself.
- Make sure you have all the card related paperwork handy.
- Read the terms and conditions of the concerned financial service provider thoroughly.
- Contact the customer care centre of the bank in case you face an issue.
- If unsatisfied with the response, escalate the matter to appointed Nodal officer and then to the Concerned Banking Ombudsman.
- You may also use Resolver to help you find solutions for your issues.
You can raise issues with 30 companies in Prepaid & Travel Card services
Key companies include: