Motor Insurance - Policy is incorrect
Who is your issue with?
Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.
Know your rights
There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.
Get your voice heard
You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.
It’s rare to receive the wrong policy type unless you have entered the wrong details into an online application or your insurer misheard the details.
Make sure you get the incorrect policy corrected as you could find that you are not covered in the event of a claim. Immediately contact your insurer.
If you think the charges you face for correcting your policy are unfairly high - or if you have had to make any change because of what you think is a mistake on the insurer’s part - raise a complaint with your insurer. Resolver suggests that you submit your concern in writing and it will then assist you in submitting, recording and reminding you when and who to escalate to.
In case the problem with the wrong policy is severe or expensive to resolve and your insurer is unable to assist you in resolving it then it may be worth requesting the IRDA or the Insurance Ombudsman to look into your case. You can escalate your matter via Resolver.You should know
In case you are not satisfied with the motor insurance Company, You may :
- Initially, contact the toll-free customer care number provided to you by the travel insurance policy provider, you can also drop a mail on their e-mail id specified therein.
- Submit your complaint in writing, along with the necessary documents to support the complaint.
- Remember to take the written acknowledgement of your complaint duly signed with the date specified.
- You may also approach the Grievance Redressal Officer, of the travel insurance Company
- They usually resolve the issue within a reasonable time. However, if they don't solve within 15 days or if the result is unsatisfactory, you may approach the Grievance Redressal Cell of the Consumer Affairs Department of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
- When you purchase an insurance policy/product from a Bank, it is regulated by RBI, through its appointed external Banking Ombudsman.
- Lastly, file a civil complaint with the insurer before a civil court.
We have 1,315 pages of rights advice for you covering 1,922 companies and organisations across 4 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.
Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.