Fiber Optic Internet Service Plans - Overcharged for services
Who is your issue with?
Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.
Know your rights
There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.
Get your voice heard
You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.
Step by step procedure of raising an issue related to Fiber Optic Internet Service Plans:
- First of all, gather all the relevant documents related to your fiber optic internet plan subscription and contact the complaint centre. They will immediately register the complaint and allot a ticket number to the issue thereby raised. The service provider will keep all information related to your complaint in their system for a period of 3 months.
- The docket number of your complaint will be communicated to you through message, call or email. Other particulars about the complaint like the date and time of registration, a timeline for complaint resolution, etc will be also be conveyed. The centre will also update their system with the same.
- Once an action has been taken on your complaint, the details will be communicated to you. The redressal of your issue has to be completed within the time frame specified by the fiber optic internet service provider. Unless no time limit has been specified- in which case the complaint has to be resolved within 3 days. Complaints relating to faults or disruption of service have to be resolved within 3 days and all other complaints within 7 days.
- If you are unsatisfied with the customer care centre’s solution, you can approach the Nodal Officer of the fiber optic internet service provider to lodge a grievance via Resolver. The Nodal Officer shall resolve your issue within 3 to 10 days from the date of registration of such complaint.
- If there has been an unsatisfactory resolution by the Nodal Officer, you can approach the Appellate Authority via Resolver within three months of the decision by the officer. The authority shall decide your case within three months.
You also have the option to take the legal route and file a consumer case. However, litigation is a lengthy process. You should make your choice wisely.
Rights of a Fiber Optic Internet Service Plan user:
- No increase in charges can be applied by the service provider within six months of enrolment into an internet service plan.
- Without obtaining consent, a service provider cannot provide a value-added service to a user.
- The user has to be provided with the details of Appellate Authority by the Contact Centre executive upon request.
- A user can request termination of services by sending a written request or by contacting the customer care centre of the internet service provider.
- The security deposit must be refunded to the user within the prescribed time, after adjusting dues.
- A user should be able to access and view all available tariff plan details offered by the internet service provider.
I have made a request for termination of services, for how long do I have to wait?
Within 7 days your request for closure or termination of services shall be adhered to by the fiber optic internet service provider. Beyond 7 days, no rental can be charged. Such termination of services is also not conditional upon the payment of pending dues. Additionally, the outstanding security deposits should be refunded within 60 days of termination of service. If there’s a delay, beyond 60 days, you are entitled to interest at the rate of 10% per annum for the number of days refund is delayed.
Submit your issue for free via Resolver
The resolver system holds the contact details for fiber optic internet service providers and will help you deliver and manage your complaint as it is important that you keep a complete record of all dealings you have with the fiber optic internet company.
Setting up a case in resolver will mean the company is automatically nudged with a reminder email if it does not respond. If you are not happy when a response does arrive, the system reminds you when you can raise your case to the next most senior level of management within the company or with the prescribed ombudsman.
We have 1,315 pages of rights advice for you covering 1,920 companies and organisations across 4 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.
Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.