Sports & Fitness
If you have an issue with online shopping, you could be entitled to a refund. Use our free tool to raise an issue with the seller.
Who is your issue with?
With healthy lifestyle becoming an informed choice of the majority, the market is flooded with a wide variety of sports & fitness products. The rising interest in fitness, health rising awareness, expansion of physical education institutions, business professionalism in sports are the key attributes to the growth of the sports industry in India. This guide throws light on your rights and serves you with the solution for the issues you might face.
How to file a complaint with an online seller?
Online sports & fitness product selling websites provide you with a decent resolution. Through online forms, customer care email IDs and call centre numbers, one can simply initiate a complaint if anything goes wrong . Online retailers offer the following types of policies in case something goes wrong:
- Cancellation Policy- If you place an order by mistake, or wish to make changes to your order- you have the option to cancel your order before it is confirmed and/ or shipped by the online vendor.
- Return Policy- For a reasonable explanation, an item can be returned to the vendor within a reasonable time frame provided that the original tags & packaging has been preserved and the item has not been used. Online shopping websites sometimes also offer a free courier service to pick up returns. Against such returns, vendors offer options of money back in the online account or the buyer’s bank account.
- Refund Policy- Online shopping websites generally offer full refunds. However, it is advised that you read the vendor’s refund policy before making a purchase to ascertain whether the full amount will be refunded to your bank account or not.
- Exchange Policy- The terms & conditions against an exchange policy of a gift are similar to that of a return policy. In this case, instead of a cashback, the user gets another model/ size of a similar product.
Always make sure that you are aware of the online company’s cancellation, return, exchange and refund policies in order to avoid any inconvenience. Generally, it is the responsibility of the seller and manufacturer of the product to ensure that the sports and fitness product does not cause any harm to the user- in case it happens, they are obliged to offer compensation. Resolver can help you with this.
To submit a grievance against an online sports and fitness items shopping company in India, you should follow the given steps:
- Retain the papers related to the purchase such as the receipts, cash memos etc. of the product purchased and contact the seller from whom you made the purchase, whether online or offline. Most sellers have a complaint resolution mechanism in place.
- If the seller refuses to help you or does not provide a satisfactory resolution, approach the customer care head of the business and register an official complaint. You can also escalate the matter by approaching the corporate office of the online furniture seller.
- If the business fails to provide you with a satisfactory solution you can serve a month’s legal notice to the company to allow them some time to resolve your issue- failing which;
- As a last resort, you can take legal action against the business by filing a consumer case at an appropriate consumer forum and follow the procedure as prescribed under the law. However, it’s a long route to take.
- Resolver can also help you with resolving the complaint.
How will Resolver help you?
Resolver acts as a link between you and the company you’re complaining to, making it easier for you to get your complaint to the right place at the right time. Resolver will help you to submit your issue for free without any adverts or hidden costs. Any complaint from Resolver is an official complaint, and thus the concerned cosmetic manufacturers and sellers are obliged to act upon it. Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with, raise a case and leave feedback afterwards.
Items Related Issues
I got hurt using fitness product
Always ensure extreme precaution while using a fitness product. Gym and exercise injuries can be more severe than they appear. Visit a physician in case the problem persists.
You must also carefully read instructions related to the usage of fitness products. If you are casual with instructions, you might end up hurting yourself! In no case, is the seller liable to provide you compensation if something like this happens. Unless a manufacturing defect has caused the hurt, you cannot do anything- in which case you should contact the manufacturer and file a complaint.
What if I receive a damaged item?
You must check the condition of your order upon its delivery
- Remember to have the paperwork related to the item purchased intact.
- Usually, there is a 30-day return policy for sports and fitness related items and entitled to a full refund subject to certain conditions.
- If the seller made you aware of the possible defects beforehand, you cannot take any action against them.
In case of any further issue escalate the complaint via Resolver.
Can I cancel my order?
If you have decided that you no longer want the prepaid sports or fitness product, you can willfully cancel your order or submit a ticket for a refund. In any case, you are not automatically entitled to a refund. The retailer may offer you a note of credit or a gift card so that you can purchase other goods, but they are not obliged to do this.
Price Related Issues
What if I am overcharged for the product?
In case you were overcharged for the product. Keep all the price receipts or cash memo safely. As you might need them at the time of raising a complaint with the sport or fitness related products retailer. Thereafter contact the customer care service via their toll-free number provided on the website. You can also drop an e-mail to the product provider. Thereafter you may also pay a visit to the office of the online store.
What to do if my payment is not accepted?
In case any issue arises during the payment process which cannot be resolved subsequently. It is feasible to contact your bank or card provider and ask them to investigate on your behalf. This includes your debit/credit card being declined or overcharged.
If your credit card statement contains incorrect charges without your knowledge or charges for products and services you did not receive, then you should dispute these charges. Both Visa and MasterCard offer a zero-liability policy: you will not be liable if your card or card number is used without your authorisation, as long as you have complied with the Cardholder Agreement. You may also escalate the complaint via Resolver.
What to do in case my refund requests get refused?
Usually, retailers have a fairly customer-friendly returns policy and will accept returned items within a considerable time period. However, in case of a request for refund is to be made with the retailer, the following should be kept in mind:
- You should have a valid proof of purchase (your receipt, or in some cases your debit/credit card statement, will suffice).
- Goods should be in proper condition and unpacked or don’t lose the packaging material if opened.
- Make sure you make the request well within the time.
Resolver will help facilitate the entire process for you.
Delivery and service-related Issues
What to do if there is a late delivery of the product I purchased?
You are entitled to expect delivery of your goods within a maximum of 30 days of purchase. If delivery has taken longer than this, then you are entitled to a full refund on return of the goods (or possibly of a refund of your delivery costs – although this depends on the reason for the delay). If you have agreed on delivery at a certain time, you can claim a full refund on your delivery costs if the seller does not deliver at the specified time.
The product I purchased was not delivered to me!
The law allows a full refund in case of no delivery. Make sure you have all the necessary documents with respect to your claim. If the seller causes you a loss as a result of non-delivery of products, you might be eligible for compensation against the loss as well.
The product I purchased got delivered to the wrong location!
If the delivery service has been provided by the seller, and then the delivery has been made to the wrong location- immediately alert the seller by dropping an email. If the seller refuses to provide help with your order, you may escalate your complaint to the concerned authorities.
What should I do if my personal data is leaked or shared inappropriately?
Information provided by you to the concerned site including any sensitive financial information collected on computers is protected. You must check the reviews of the site on credible sources.
There are other easy steps you can take to enhance the security of online accounts:
- Change your password
- Before making the payment, check for encryption key – a small key symbol – in the payment portal to ensure that the transaction is secure.
Every e-commerce company have a grievance officer. Escalate your complaint to the appropriate authority via Resolver.
The service provided to me was not satisfactory!
Complain in person: The first easy step is to go back to the shop or phone the call centre and explain the problem and your suggested resolution.
Complain in writing: If the company won't help over the phone, the easiest way to take your complaint further is using this free online tool which helps draft your complaint and manage it too.
Court action: If all else fails and the shop hasn't given you a satisfactory response, you have a legal right to fair service. Ideally, send a ‘letter before action’ (legal notice) to say you are going to take them to court.
Let Resolver help you with the issue.
I have issues with the after-sale services!
If your issue has not been responded to or you are dissatisfied with the response received, the most important thing to note is that your rights as a consumer are protected by the Consumer Rights Act, 1986. If the product is not similar to what is described or fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality then you can ask for a full refund, a repair or a replacement of the product.
If you have encountered a delay in services, it may be a short-term problem such as staff illness, transport problems or busy periods such as festivals or sales. You should ask to speak to their supervisor or manager or report the issue via Resolver.
- Before buying a product make sure you inspect it thoroughly.
- If purchasing online make sure to go through the reviews from reliable sources.
- Retain all the papers related to the goods and services purchased.
- You should be able to find details of the shop’s policy either in-store, on the back of your receipt or on their website.
- In case you face an issue try contacting the toll-free customer care number and raise your concern.
- Thereafter approach the cosmetic products and services seller in order to ask for refund or replacement.
- You may also escalate your complaint via Resolver.
You can raise issues with 36 companies in Sports & Fitness services
Key companies include: