Occasions & Gifts
If you have an issue with an online seller, you could be entitled to a refund. Use our free tool to raise an issue with the service provider.
Who is your issue with?
There’s a wide variety of gifting products for various occasions available in the market. You have a 30-day time period to return faulty gift items and receive a full refund subject to certain conditions. Your contract is with the retailer rather than the manufacturer; it is, therefore, their responsibility to resolve your issue, even if the product is covered by a manufacturer's warranty. If the seller made you aware of the possible defects, you cannot take any action against them
In case something goes wrong, online gifting websites are well equipped with providing a decent resolution. Through online forms, customer care email IDs and call centre numbers, one can easily initiate a complaint against a particular issue. Online retailers offer the following types of policies in case something goes wrong:
- Cancellation Policy- If you place an order by mistake, or wish to make changes to your order- you have the option to cancel your order before it is confirmed and/ or shipped by the online vendor.
- Return Policy- For a reasonable explanation, an item can be returned to the vendor within a reasonable time frame provided that the original tags & packaging has been preserved and the item has not been used. Online shopping websites sometimes also offer a free courier service to pick up returns. Against such returns, vendors offer options of money back in the online account or the buyer’s bank account.
- Refund Policy- Online shopping websites generally offer full refunds. However, it is advised that you read the vendor’s refund policy before making a purchase to ascertain whether the full amount will be refunded to your bank account or not.
- Exchange Policy- The terms & conditions against an exchange policy of a gift are similar to that of a return policy. In this case, instead of cashback, the user gets another model/ size of a similar product.
Always make sure that you are aware of an online company’s cancellation, return, exchange and refund policies in order to avoid any inconvenience. Companies also offer self-shipping in some cases. Some items cannot be returned or exchanged. The option of return or exchange is also limited to certain days beyond which, no such action can be initiated.
How to file a complaint with an online seller?
Generally, it is the responsibility of the seller and the product manufacturer to ensure that the gifting item does not cause any harm to the user- in case it happens, they are bound to provide compensation. As a precautionary measure, you should always check the quality of a product thoroughly before making the purchase. It is also recommended to read product reviews on credible websites to avoid any trouble. You should also check the return, refund and exchange policy of a seller before making the purchase
To submit a grievance against an online gift shopping company in India, you should follow the given steps:
- Gather your paperwork related to the purchase of the product and contact the seller from whom you made the purchase, whether online or offline. Most sellers have a grievance resolution mechanism in a certain place. You must check the refund, return and exchange policy of the seller before placing an order. The customer care department of the seller should be able to provide help.
- If the seller refuses to help you or does not provide a satisfactory resolution, approach the customer care head of the business and register an official complaint. You can also escalate the matter by approaching the corporate office of the online gift seller.
- If the business fails to provide a solution, or if you're not happy with the result, you can serve a month’s legal notice to the gifting company to allow them some time to resolve your issue- failing which, you may take legal action.
- As a last resort, you can take legal action against the business by filing a consumer case at an appropriate consumer forum and follow the procedure as prescribed under the law. Generally, it takes a minimum of 2 to 3 years to resolve a consumer case.
How will Resolver help?
Resolver plays the role of the bridge between you and the Company. It makes it easier for you to contact the company’s customer service directly. You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsman and regulators to find a resolution. There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the information you need to get things sorted. We’ll perpetually be on hand with help and support to guide you to get the results you seek. Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Start by telling us the name of the company or organization you have an issue with, raise a case and leave feedback afterward.
I received a damaged item
Service providers provide for delivery of goods like flowers and gifts in the nature of goods, eatables or any other thing for various occasions. They enable you to order any item or gift and request delivery to a particular place or person. Such a service can be availed online or offline, depending upon the expansion of the business of the service provider.
There may be instances when the gift so ordered, turns out to be damaged. The damage could be in regards to the physical appearance, packaging or functionality. It could be existent from the start or be a result of the transit. In any of these cases where you receive a damaged item, provided the damage cannot be attributed to your fault, you have a right to raise a complaint and claim a reimbursement, exchange or return and refund. The remedies that can be provided to you are:
- Pickup of the item for return and reimbursement of the amount.
- Self shipment of the item and reimbursement of both the amount and shipping cost.
- Exchange of the item with a similar product.
- Where no exchange or return is feasible, a refund shall be initiated if there is convincing proof of damage.
If you require any further guidance on any issue, you can contact the Resolver Group.
The gift was delivered to another location
Gifts for various occasions are a way of expressing love and feelings to one another. Service providers catering to this arena of service, provide for the option of delivery to specific addresses. While some ship locally, others may ship all over the country. You can either order the gift item online or place an order in the store. Thereafter, you need to provide the contact details, address and other information to ensure that the gift is delivered to the correct place.
However, there may be a situation wherein the gift is delivered to the wrong place. Such a mistake should not be attributed to your fault in providing for the correct address or phone number. In such cases of wrong delivery, you have a right to raise a complaint with the customer care and demand reimbursement for the amount so paid and damages that may be reasonable in such a scenario. In some instances, the service provider may provide with an option of a fresh delivery of gift item. You may accept or reject it depending upon your preferences. If your reimbursement does not issue in due time, you can further escalate your matter to the Consumer Forum. If you require any further aid or assistance you can contact the Resolver Group.
The gift was delivered late
When it comes to delivery of gifts, the most important parameter is the timely delivery. The gift could be ordered for a birthday, an anniversary or any other special occasion or otherwise. However, the vital element remains the same that is the timely delivery of the goods or items. When booking such a delivery, you are provided with two delivery options, instant or normal. There may be additional charges for the instant delivery option. Further, you are provided with an estimated delivery date. In some cases, you could request the delivery to be made on a priority basis. In either of the cases, the service provider has to deliver the goods in the stipulated time or by the promised date of delivery.
However, there may be instances when such a delivery is not made by the estimated date of delivery. In such cases, you can raise a complaint with the customer care with regard to such delay. You can further deny acceptance of the delivery claim a refund or reimbursement for an already paid order. If you accept delivery, you can claim damages or refund owing to the late delivery. Any delay in delivery amounts to deficiency in service on part of the service provider and must be mended as soon as possible. If you require any further guidance with how to proceed with your issues, you can contact the Resolver Group for further information.
My order was incomplete
Gift delivery or in-store purchase service providers enable you to place an order for delivery or pick up gifts. There may be an instance when you don’t receive a particular item or items as ordered or few items are missing from the package received. There can be two possible reasons for the item being missing. The item could be charged for and not delivered owing to negligence, deliberate intention or an honest mistake. The item could not have been charged for and be missing on account of unavailability.
If you have paid for the item and it is billed and is missing from what was delivered, you can raise your concern with the store manager. You are entitled to a refund amount equivalent to the price of the missing item. If the missing item was not billed on account of unavailability and you did not pay for it, you can raise a query and seek an answer. You should be provided with a notice for reasons of non-delivery of the particular item or cancellation on behalf of the service provider. If you don’t receive a refund in due time, you can contact the Customer Care. If you have any other issue regarding this, you can contact the Resolver Group for further guidance.
Refund request refused
When ordering a gift from a service provider catering to such needs, there may be a scenario wherein you ought to initiate a refund request. It can be in the following cases:
- Wrong gift item delivered,
- Delivered to a wrong address,
- Missing or unwanted item,
- Damaged or broken item,
- Seal broken or tampered packaging,
- Expectations not met,
- Poor complaint handling on part of the service provider,
- Poor quality or poor service rendered,
- Overcharged rates,
- Out of stock items, amongst others.
In any of the following conditions, you have a right to initiate a refund. Such a request may be accepted or denied depending on the facts and circumstances of the case. If the request is denied, you are entitled to a statement of reasons. If after such denial, you are convinced that you deserve a refund, you can file a complaint with the customer care or the concerned authority with a copy of the receipt and other necessary details. The issue is looked into and if the reasons are justified, it is processed in a few business days. If you require further guidance on any issue related to refund history, you can contact the Resolver Group.
You can raise issues with 24 companies in Occasions & Gifts services
Key companies include: