Fiber Optic Internet Service Plans
If you have an issue with your fibre optic internet service plan, you could be entitled to a refund. Use our free tool to raise an issue with the service provider.
Who is your issue with?
Fiber optic internet services have proved to be essential for the modern world we live in. Fast speed internet is the need of the hour. Your service provider has certain obligations to fulfil as part of the contract between you and the service provider. However, sometimes they fail to satisfy you with their services. In such a case you are free to claim your rights to This guide will brief you on your rights as a user and will present you certain solutions for the issues you may face.
How to file a complaint with an internet service provider?
If you have an issue with the service provider, you may:
- Lodge a grievance with the service provider by simply contacting their Complaint Centre, through their toll-free Customer Care number floated on their website. You can also find it on (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) TRAI’s website.
- Provide all relevant details viz what went wrong, when did it happen, etc. It is recommended to always provide at least two contact numbers in use. You can contact your mobile postpaid service provider through a call or an email sent via Resolver.
- A unique docket number, date and time of registration of complaint will be communicated to you via SMS.
- If the postpaid company does not respond to your issue, or if you receive an unsatisfactory response, then you should raise your case to the next level.
- You may contact Nodal Officer of the service provider-The contact details of a Nodal Officers will be available on the service provider’s web site.
- You may approach the Appellate Authority to redress the issue via Resolver.
- The appeal has to be made within 90 days of raising the issue at the customer care centre- after which a unique docket number shall be assigned to you within 3 days. The appellate authority should resolve your matter within 3 months from the date of filing the appeal.
How will Resolver help you?
Resolver knows the next steps to take to escalate your claim and will remind you what to do and when so that your voice is heard and expectedly your issue is addressed. Resolver will help you to submit your issue for free, with no adverts or hidden costs. Any complaint from Resolver is an official complaint, and thus the concerned service providers are obliged to act upon it. Resolver acts as a link between you and the service provider you’re complaining to, making it simpler for you to get your complaint to the right place at the right time. Start by telling us the name of the company or service provider you have an issue with, raise a case and leave feedback afterwards.
How long will the customer care centre take to redress my complaint?
If your complaint is related to:
- Faults or disruption of service, then it has to be rectified within 3 days,
- All other complaints within 7 days.
How long will a Nodal Officer take to redress my complaint?
If your complaint relates to:
Fault or disruption or disconnection of service then it shall be redressed within 3 days from the date of lodging of the complaint.
Other types of complaints will be redressed within 10 days from the date of registration of the complaint.
I have made a request for termination of services, for how long do I have to wait?
Within 7 days your request for closure or termination of fiber optic internet services shall be adhered to by the postpaid service provider. Beyond 7 days, no rental can be charged. Such termination of services is also not conditional upon the payment of pending dues. Additionally, the outstanding security deposits should be refunded within 2 months of termination of service. If there is any delay, beyond this, you are entitled to a 10 per cent rate of interest per annum, for the number of days refund is delayed. If you face an issue, use Resolver to help you contact the service provider.
It’s just been a month and my service provider has increased the charges of internet services, what to do?
In such a case you must contact the Customer Care Department of your service provider. No increase in charges can be applied by the fiber optic service provider within 6 months of enrolment into an internet service plan. Moreover, without obtaining your consent, a service provider cannot provide a value-added service to you. In case you face any trouble, Resolver will help you find a solution.
How to change my address for billing purpose?
You must first contact your service provider’s billing department. They should be able to walk you through the process without any issues. Resolver can also help you to get in touch with the provider.
What can I do if the internet speed is very slow?
The rules say that your fiber optic service provider has to supply a service that works exactly as described in your contract. Thus you have the right to complain if you are not getting the same speed as advertised by the service provider. You must first check the speed of the internet using the free internet speed checker provided by TRAI or you can even find it on Google. It is recommended to take a screenshot of the result and send it to your service provider. If the provider fails to address the issue you must contact Resolver to help you with it.
Will I get my security deposit back?
Yes, the security deposit will be refunded to you within the prescribed time, after adjusting dues. However, if the service provider denies the refund then Resolver will help you raise a complaint with the provider.
- Make sure you know all the terms and conditions before investing in a plan.
- In case of an issue, contact the customer care department of your service provider.
- You may escalate the matter with Nodal Officer and thereafter with the Appellate Authority. Thereafter to the Appellate Authority.
- Resolver can also assist you with the redressal process from start to finish.
You can raise issues with 1 company in Fiber Optic Internet Service Plans services
Key companies include: