If you have an issue with your digital TV service, you could be entitled to a refund. Use our free tool to raise an issue with the connection service provider.
Who is your issue with?
Easy installation of Digital TV services makes it more accessible to consumers. It provides crystal clear picture quality at affordable prices. Thus its user base has increased over the years. This guide will brief you on your rights as consumers and provide plausible solutions in case you face an issue.
How to file a complaint against a digital TV operator?
In case you have an issue with your Digital TV operator, you may:
- Contact the customer care centre, which will assign you a unique docket number to your issue, the same will be communicated to you along with the expected time within which your complaint shall be resolved. They will then inform you of the details of the action taken on the complaint. Additionally, they should inform you of the further escalation process, upon request. You can also contact them via Resolver.
- The digital TV service provider is obliged to acknowledge your complaint within 8 hours of receipt of the complaint. If your issue is about ‘no signal’, it should be redressed within 24 - 48 hours. Your complaint should not remain unresolved beyond 72 hours.
- If you are unsatisfied with the solution offered by the customer care centre, you may approach the Nodal Officer of the cable TV service provider for redressal. The officer will acknowledge your complaint within 2 days and resolve the matter within 10 days.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can approach the Appellate Authority via Resolver within 3 months of the decision by the officer. The authority shall decide your case within three months.
- You also have the option to take a legal route and file a consumer case. However, litigation is a lengthy process.
- You can also notify TRAI for any violation committed by the cable TV service provider.
How will Resolver help you?
Resolver knows the next steps to take to escalate your claim and will remind you what to do and when so that your voice is heard and expectedly your issue is addressed. Resolver will help you to submit your issue for free, with no adverts or hidden costs. Any complaint from Resolver is an official complaint, and thus the concerned service providers are obliged to act upon it. Resolver acts as a link between you and the service provider you’re complaining to, making it simpler for you to get your complaint to the right place at the right time. Start by telling us the name of the service provider you have an issue with, raise a case and leave feedback afterwards.
Your rights as a user of Digital TV:
- As per TRAI directions, all cable operators and DTH service providers have to resolve the issue within 72 hours of complaint. If not, then the cable TV service providers will have to provide the service free of cost.
- A consumer is free to choose which channel they wish to watch and subscribe to a custom pack channel-wise accordingly. All channels should be offered on an a-la-carte basis and the MRP should be displayed on the TV screen of the user.
- Every cable TV channel service provider has to give a warranty for equipment (like the set-top box). During the period of warranty, no charges can be imposed by the service provider for any repairs or home visits for rectification of faults in the equipment.
For how long do I have to wait after making a request for termination of services
Within 7 days your request for closure or termination of services shall be adhered to by the cable TV service provider. Beyond 7 days, no rental can be charged. Such termination of services is also not conditional upon the payment of pending dues. Additionally, the outstanding security deposits should be refunded within 60 days of termination of service. If there’s a delay, beyond 60 days, you are entitled to a 10% rate of interest per annum for the number of days refund is delayed.
Can I deactivate the digital TV services temporarily?
Yes, you can deactivate the services temporarily as many times as you want. However, some minimal charges will be levied on you on its re-activation. Resolver can help you in the cancellation process conveniently.
Can I get the digital TV services relocated?
You must get in touch with your service provider and inform them of your new location. They will revert on the feasibility and transfer the Set-up Box to your new location provided all dues are cleared. If it is found that the feasibility is negative, you will have to switch to a new service provider, whichever is available in that area.
Can I choose the TV channels I want to subscribe to?
Yes, you are free to subscribe to channels of your wish. Also, you will only have to pay for those channels, you wish to subscribe among the bouquet of channels offered by your cable tv service provider. You may also use Resolver to contact the service provider in case you face an issue.
Is there any time limit for activation of the cable connection?
If the cable tv service provider is satisfied that there is no technical non-feasibility, the activation of the connection should be completed within 2 working days of the completion of the formalities on your part.
- Make sure you know all the terms and conditions before purchasing any Digital TV-related services.
- In case of an issue, contact the customer care department of your service provider.
- You may escalate the matter with Nodal Officer.
- Resolver can also assist you with the redressal process from start to finish.
You can raise issues with 4 companies in Digital TV services
Key companies include: