If you have an issue with your broadband internet, you could be entitled to a refund. Use our free tool to raise an issue with the wifi internet service provider.

Issues with broadband can sometimes be tricky to resolve. It’s often difficult to know when you’re right to be complaining about your internet speeds – it sometimes seems that it’s impossible to fix slow internet, but this isn’t the case. Our general rule of thumb is this: if it feels unfair, complain! When you subscribe to a broadband service, you enter into a contract with your provider – this means they have certain obligations when it comes to providing the service they’ve sold you. Most broadband providers will happily resolve your issues – you may want to take a little assistance from Resolver!

This guide will run you through the current state of play, exploring common issues and outlining your rights. 

How to complain against a broadband internet service provider? 

  1. You can raise your issues at Complaint Centre through the “Consumer Care Number” in its service area, provided for redressal of complaints which is accessible between 0800 hrs and 2400 hrs on all days of the week.
  2. “Consumer Care Number” is toll-free.
  3. As soon as you raise your issue at the Complaint centre, the provider will register such complaint and allocate a unique number to be called the docket number, which will be stored in the system for a period of 3 months.
  4. The service provider will communicate the docket number, date and time of registration of the complaint and the time within which the complaint is likely to be resolved through an SMS.
  5. Where a time limit has not been specified, the complaints and service requests shall be addressed within a time period not exceeding three days.
  6. If you’re not satisfied with the redressal by the Complaint Centre, or your complaint remains unaddressed or no intimation of redressal of the complaint is received within the specified period, you may appeal to the Appellate Authority of the concerned service provider for redressal of your complaint.
  7. You can appeal to the Appellate Authority either through email or facsimile or post, or in person, no fee will be charged from you, and every appeal will be preferred within 30 days.
  8. Immediately on receipt of an appeal, a unique appeal number will be assigned to it, which you will receive through an SMS or email within 3 days.
  9. Within 10 days from the receipt of the appeal, the Appellate Authority shall, start an inquiry and pass a reasoned order in writing explaining the points for determination and the decision thereon.
  10. Your presence as an appellant is not obligatory, but you may, if you desire, appear in person to present your case before the Appellate Authority.
  11. If you’re still not satisfied by the decision of the Appellate Authority, you have the option to file your case in Consumer Court.

How will Resolver help you?

Resolver plays the role of the bridge between you and the Company. It makes it easier for you to contact the company’s customer service directly. You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsman and regulators to find a resolution. There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the information you need to get things sorted. We’ll constantly be on hand with steerage and support to help you to get the results you’re searching for. Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Start by telling us the name of the company or organization you have an issue with, raise a case and leave feedback afterwards.

What can I do about slow internet connection?

 According to TRAI, your broadband provider has to supply a service that works exactly as described in your contract. This means that you have the right to raise an issue if you’re getting speed slower than advertised.

The first step is to register the issue with your broadband provider through Resolver. Resolver can keep a log of your correspondence – we suggest that you simply make the most of this and use Resolver to register each and every incident or outage with your broadband service provider. Broadband service providers usually have information showing that people around your area have gotten excellent service, even when this hasn’t been the case for you! Getting around this is often simple – we suggest that you should first check your broadband speed using a free broadband speed checker. Google has launched one, too! Just take a screenshot of the result to send to your provider.

Have you received delayed internet service?

Many issues related to delay in service can be resolved through your broadband provider’s internal channels since they are contractually obligated to take your request seriously. Resolver will help you keep track of any correspondence you’ve had with your provider. If you’re not happy with their response (or multiple calls from customer service don’t fix the problem), Resolver will help you escalate the matter internally. If you’re feeling that you have exhausted all alternative options, you should register a complaint with your broadband provider via Resolver with the aim of getting a “deadlock letter” – this is written evidence that you can use if you need to take the claim further to the Appellate authority.

Were you made to pay for a cancelled broadband internet service?

If yes, then we advise you to get in contact the customer care as soon as possible! Let them know that they’ve incorrectly charged you and send them any evidence you might have (this should include the date you switched services). It is possible that the bill represents a termination fee included in your contract of services – if this is the case, you will most likely have to pay. It may also represent payment of a debt that you have previously agreed to pay back to the supplier by instalments. You should contact your provider to check that this isn’t the case.

Has your broadband internet service provider increased tariff suddenly?

Your broadband provider is ought to make any charges clear to you before you sign your contract. There shouldn’t be any hidden charges, and you should be notified of any increases in price that are allowed for under the contract. If you discover that you are being unfairly charged, you should consider using Resolver to contact your provider.

Is your wifi modem/ router broken?

If the device provided to you is damaged, you should raise your concern with the engineer. Contact your broadband service provider and make them aware of this as well. It would be advisable to take photographs to use as evidence, in case of a dispute. If you are a tenant, you should contact your landlord to let them know of the situation. Your broadband service provider should organize an examination at a time that suits you both, and build or purchase any necessary repairs.

Helping you with Broadband Internet services

You can raise issues with 46 companies in Broadband Internet services
Key companies include:

Key companies include:

a  b  c  d  e  f  g  h  i  j  k  l  m  n  o  p  q   r  s  t  u   v  w   x   y  z  

Resolver promises

We will never share your personal data with anyone without your permission - your case will go to the firm you’re complaining about and, if appropriate, to an ombudsman.

If you find something wrong with a company or our processes, tell us and we will put it right.

You can raise a complaint against Resolver via Resolver itself.

We do use cookies, but only to provide you with a better experience.