Travel Packages - Overcharged

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

If you have been charged more than what your travel package mentioned, raise an issue with the travel agent for such discrepancy in the prices. Contact them via customer care. If the travel agency won't help over the phone, the easiest way to take your complaint further is to use Resolver which helps draft your complaint and manage it too. Mostly, travel Agencies have a Grievance Redressal Officer, to whom you can escalate your issue. You can raise a complaint via Resolver.

You should know
  • A travel package holiday is where two or more key elements are provided under a single contract (flights, accommodation, etc.). It can be in India or abroad
  • Be reasonable in your expectations; the more you pay the higher your expectations should be
  • Did you get what you expected, was it as described and was it a reasonable experience? If not, then you can consider complaining
  • If the tour operator has advertised the travel package as including certain services, you are entitled to receive these services – if you feel that you’ve not gotten what you paid for, you can use Resolver to file a complaint with your tour operator.
  • Everything in the package must be as described, and that the tour operator is liable where your holiday isn’t as expected.

A travel agency's main function is to act as an agent, selling travel products and services on behalf of a tour operator or airline. Should there be a problem with the travel or package you booked it will not normally be the responsibility of the travel agent but the tour operator. If you booked only transport or accommodation and you encounter an issue then you may have to complain to the hotel or transport provider direct. Your travel agent should assist you with this.

When is it reasonable to complain?

It is important to bear in mind that things don’t always go to plan, so you need to remember to be reasonable with your expectations.

If you are not satisfied

If you have experienced poor service or your travel holiday is not what you expected then:

  • Report it as soon as you can, report the issue to someone from your travel package holiday service provider. Explain clearly what you want to be done. Remember to take down their name and the time and date you reported the issue
  • Remember to ask: what the representative of the company recommends as the next step in the complaints process and what timescales this will take
  • Get evidence: wherever you can, take photos or videos of the problem, names and email addresses of anyone else that has experienced the same problems
  • Submit a complaint formally: you should ideally submit a complaint when you get home. Resolver can assist you to submit your complaint with the travel tour operator.
  • Escalate your issue: If you do not receive a satisfactory redressal then you can file a consumer case at an appropriate consumer court.

Who do you raise your issue with?

When raising the issue, you should do so with the travel package holiday operator, rather than any booking agent, as they are responsible for the entire package.

We have 1,554 pages of rights advice for you covering 2,034 companies and organisations across 4 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver