Pre-Paid Plans - International / roaming charges

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

You should know
  • Contact your mobile prepaid plan service provider and lodge a grievance.
  • If you are unhappy with your prepaid provider’s response, or if they fail to acknowledge your complaint, you should contact their customer services department via Resolver, giving clear details of your case - such as what happened, when, and why you are complaining.
  • Once you have submitted your information to the mobile prepaid company, they should acknowledge your case as soon as possible.
  • If the prepaid company does not respond to your issue, or if you receive an unsatisfactory response, then you should raise your case to the next level. The Resolver system knows the next steps to take to escalate your issue and will remind you what to do and when so that your voice is heard and hopefully your issue is addressed.

You can contact your mobile prepaid service provider through a call or an email sent via Resolver. Try and include each and every detail about your issue, and most importantly your mobile number within your complaint. This can ensure a quick response from the customer care team. You can also contact a service provider through a general information number as floated by major telecom companies- this might be chargeable.

For grievance redressal, if the customer care department fails to satisfy your complaint, you can contact the Nodal Officer of the mobile prepaid company with your complaint reference number and details of your grievance. A further appeal can be made against the decision of the Nodal Officer by escalating the matter to the Appellate Authority via Resolver.

How to file an appeal against the decision of the Nodal Officer?

The appeal has to be made within 90 days of raising the issue at the customer care centre- after which a unique docket number shall be assigned to you within 3 days. The appellate authority should resolve your matter within 30 days from the date of filing the appeal.

If you cannot resolve the issue

resolver knows which one to send your case to. It will package your communications and all supporting documentation and send to the ombudsman.

The ombudsman will then independently undertake an investigation of your case for free. You can still take your telephone provider to court if you still do not agree with the outcome but only use this as a last resort.


I have made a request for termination of services, for how long do I have to wait?

Within 7 days your request for closure or termination of services shall be adhered to by the prepaid service provider. Beyond 7 days, no rental can be charged. Such termination of services is also not conditional upon the payment of pending dues. Additionally, the outstanding security deposits should be refunded within 60 days of termination of service. If there’s a delay, beyond 60 days, you are entitled to interest at the rate of 10% per annum for the number of days refund is delayed.


Submit your issue for free via Resolver

The resolver system holds the contact details for mobile prepaid companies and will help you deliver and manage your complaint as it is important that you keep a complete record of all dealings you have with the mobile prepaid service provider.


Following action

Setting up a case in resolver will mean the company is automatically nudged with a reminder email if it does not respond. If you are not happy when a response does arrive, the system reminds you when you can raise your case to the next most senior level of management within the company.

We have 1,315 pages of rights advice for you covering 1,922 companies and organisations across 4 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with International / roaming charges

Resolver covers the issue International / Roaming Charges for 7 companies and organisations: