Motor Insurance - Cancel renewal
Who is your issue with?
Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.
Know your rights
There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.
Get your voice heard
You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.
The policy cancels automatically if you don’t renew the policy in time by paying the premium.
Your insurer should send you a reminder when your policy is due for renewal. Be aware that some vehicle insurers will automatically renew your policy unless you have informed them you wish to cancel it.
You should simply contact your insurer and make a request for cancellation of renewal.
You should ask them to send you a written confirmation that your insurance policy will not be renewed after it expires.
If your policy has automatically renewed and you wish to cancel it, then you can approach the insurance company with your policy details and submit an application for cancellation.
You may have to pay an administration fee as well as the cost of however many days you were covered for but the balance shall be refunded to you.
If you have had to make a cancellation because of what you think is a mistake on the insurer’s part or no due refund has been offered to you- you can complain to the company directly.
If you face any problem with your motor insurance company, feel free to raise a complaint via Resolver.You should know
In case you are not satisfied with the motor insurance Company, You may :
- Initially, contact the toll-free customer care number provided to you by the travel insurance policy provider, you can also drop a mail on their e-mail id specified therein.
- Submit your complaint in writing, along with the necessary documents to support the complaint.
- Remember to take the written acknowledgement of your complaint duly signed with the date specified.
- You may also approach the Grievance Redressal Officer, of the travel insurance Company
- They usually resolve the issue within a reasonable time. However, if they don't solve within 15 days or if the result is unsatisfactory, you may approach the Grievance Redressal Cell of the Consumer Affairs Department of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
- When you purchase an insurance policy/product from a Bank, it is regulated by RBI, through its appointed external Banking Ombudsman.
- Lastly, file a civil complaint with the insurer before a civil court.
We have 1,315 pages of rights advice for you covering 1,922 companies and organisations across 4 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.
Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.