Car Rental Services - Service delayed
Who is your issue with?
Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.
Know your rights
There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.
Get your voice heard
You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.
Timely service is the essence of car rental facilities. Any delay in service by the car rental service provider can have far-reaching consequences including delay in reaching the destination, missing an important event and other ancillary consequences attached to the purpose of travel. In fact, sometimes the whole purpose of renting the car is defeated because of the lack of punctuality.
It is your duty to book the car in advance to avoid any last minute cancellations or modifications. Once the booking is made, in accordance with the rules of the rental service provider, you will get the car details. It is important that you specify the time at which you require to avail the rental service to avoid any delay at a later stage. The delay can be by your mistake if you don’t book the service on time, provide a wrong address, and provide a wrong time of arrival or any other reason.
However, if your service is delayed without your fault, you are entitled to a legal remedy. You can raise your query on the online portal, the appropriate authority or the consumer complaint cell. You can also decline to accept service and ask for reimbursement, or if so accepted, you can claim damages or compensation for any such delay.You should know
- Car rental services usually charged a fixed amount which is billed through due process. A receipt might be handed to you before the beginning of your trip indicating fixed and variable costs. Your total fare will be based on the mentioned costs.
- Additional charges like toll taxes, convenience fees, etc, must be disclosed before the beginning of the trip.
- Your car rental could either be self-driven or chauffeur driven. In any case, read the terms in the fine print before finalizing the booking. Liabilities with respect to maintenance, third party damage, theft, accident, fuel usage, rental, etc, should be clarified before the booking.
- You might be charged if you fail to return the car on the stipulated day and time. To avoid this, extend your booking in advance.
- Cancellations should be free of charge if made well in advance. A small fee might be levied in case of last minute cancellations.
- You must keep all the bills related to your car rental booking readily available, in addition to the driver’s details, vehicle number, etc.
- If any unforeseen situation arises, immediately contact the car rental service provider and lodge a complaint. You should be able to explain the situation and issue in detail.
- You might be offered a refund as compensation for your bad experience or a rebate coupon, although this is not guaranteed.
- If the service provider fails to help you, you may escalate the matter by filing a consumer complaint at an appropriate consumer forum.
We have 1,554 pages of rights advice for you covering 2,032 companies and organisations across 4 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.
Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.