Car Rental Services - Rude staff
Who is your issue with?
Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.
Know your rights
There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.
Get your voice heard
You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.
It is important for a service provider to ensure that its employees are professional, friendly and well-behaved to the consumers.
In the business car rental services, this professionalism of the staff plays a vital role.
As a consumer, there are two ways prima facie by which you can avail car rental services: online and offline.
If you book the car on an online portal there will be minimal communication with the staff in case of any technical glitch while booking the car.
In case of any complaint raised, however, there are possibilities of the staff being rude or arrogant to you.
If you book the car rental service offline, there will be communication with the staff right from the process of booking to payment and other formalities.
If at any stage of availing such rental service, you come across staff members who are not polite or refuse to cater to your genuine needs and demands in a considerate and professional manner, you have the right to raise an issue to the appropriate authority or customer care.
In the case of extreme unprofessionalism and rude behavior, you can also approach the Consumer forum.You should know
- Car rental services usually charged a fixed amount which is billed through due process. A receipt might be handed to you before the beginning of your trip indicating fixed and variable costs. Your total fare will be based on the mentioned costs.
- Additional charges like toll taxes, convenience fees, etc, must be disclosed before the beginning of the trip.
- Your car rental could either be self-driven or chauffeur driven. In any case, read the terms in the fine print before finalizing the booking. Liabilities with respect to maintenance, third party damage, theft, accident, fuel usage, rental, etc, should be clarified before the booking.
- You might be charged if you fail to return the car on the stipulated day and time. To avoid this, extend your booking in advance.
- Cancellations should be free of charge if made well in advance. A small fee might be levied in case of last minute cancellations.
- You must keep all the bills related to your car rental booking readily available, in addition to the driver’s details, vehicle number, etc.
- If any unforeseen situation arises, immediately contact the car rental service provider and lodge a complaint. You should be able to explain the situation and issue in detail.
- You might be offered a refund as compensation for your bad experience or a rebate coupon, although this is not guaranteed.
- If the service provider fails to help you, you may escalate the matter by filing a consumer complaint at an appropriate consumer forum.
We have 1,554 pages of rights advice for you covering 2,033 companies and organisations across 4 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.
Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.