Car Rental Services - No receipt provided
Who is your issue with?
Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.
Know your rights
There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.
Get your voice heard
You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.
A receipt in normal terms serves as a proof of availing a particular service. It is a statement of expenses enlisting rates, prices, taxes, hiked fees, interest or any other charges. It also acts as a basis for any future claims that can be raised by the consumer.
It is a statement of proof that a service was provided or promised to be provided in lieu of which a payment is to be made or has been made by the consumer.
As a consumer, it is your right to demand a receipt as proof.
If you haven’t been given a receipt, you should contact the service provider via Resolver to ask for one.
If the service provider isn’t able to resolve the matter to your satisfaction, you have the right to approach an appropriate authority to demand a refund (as well as a receipt and potentially compensation for any damages suffered).You should know
- Car rental services usually charged a fixed amount which is billed through due process. A receipt might be handed to you before the beginning of your trip indicating fixed and variable costs. Your total fare will be based on the mentioned costs.
- Additional charges like toll taxes, convenience fees, etc, must be disclosed before the beginning of the trip.
- Your car rental could either be self-driven or chauffeur driven. In any case, read the terms in the fine print before finalizing the booking. Liabilities with respect to maintenance, third party damage, theft, accident, fuel usage, rental, etc, should be clarified before the booking.
- You might be charged if you fail to return the car on the stipulated day and time. To avoid this, extend your booking in advance.
- Cancellations should be free of charge if made well in advance. A small fee might be levied in case of last minute cancellations.
- You must keep all the bills related to your car rental booking readily available, in addition to the driver’s details, vehicle number, etc.
- If any unforeseen situation arises, immediately contact the car rental service provider and lodge a complaint. You should be able to explain the situation and issue in detail.
- You might be offered a refund as compensation for your bad experience or a rebate coupon, although this is not guaranteed.
- If the service provider fails to help you, you may escalate the matter by filing a consumer complaint at an appropriate consumer forum.
We have 1,554 pages of rights advice for you covering 2,032 companies and organisations across 4 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.
Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.