Cable TV - Website not working

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

You should know
  • You should contact the customer care centre of your cable TV service provider to lodge a complaint. Your complaint will be acknowledged within 8 hours of receipt.
  • If the care centre does not resolve your complaint satisfactorily or is not responding, then you may write to the Nodal Officer for the purpose.
  • Your Cable TV operator should manage to resolve your complaint within 48 hours.
  • If your complaint has not been resolved for more than 5 days then your service provider is bound to compensate you from the sixth day of registration of complaint till its satisfactory resolution.
  • You can also lodge a complaint before the consumer court, seeking compensation for deficient service. As per the law, all cable TV operators who provide deficient services will have to compensate the user.


Cable TV user rights in India:


  1. Faulty TV connection: As per TRAI directions, all cable operators and DTH service providers have to resolve the issue within 72 hours of complaint. If not, then the cable TV service providers will have to provide the service free of cost.
  2. A consumer is free to choose which channel they wish to watch and subscribe to a custom pack channel-wise accordingly. All channels should be offered on an a-la-carte basis and the MRP should be displayed on the TV screen of the user.
  3. Every cable TV channel service provider has to give a warranty for equipment (like the set-top box). During the period of warranty, no charges can be imposed by the service provider for any repairs or home visits for rectification of faults in the equipment.


How to file a cable TV service complaint in India?

  1. Contact the customer care centre, which will allot a unique docket number to your issue, the same will be communicated to you along with the expected time within which your complaint shall be resolved.
  2. The cable TV customer care centre has to communicate the details of the action taken on the complaint. Additionally, they should inform you of the further escalation process, upon request.
  3. The cable TV service provider has to acknowledge your complaint within eight hours of receipt of the complaint. If your issue is about ‘no signal’, it should be redressed within 24 - 48 hours. Your complaint should not remain unresolved beyond 72 hours.
  4. If you are not satisfied with the solution offered by the customer care centre, you can approach the Nodal Officer of the cable TV service provider for redressal. The officer will acknowledge your complaint within 2 days and resolve the matter within 10 days.
  5. If there has been an unsatisfactory resolution by the Nodal Officer, you can approach the Appellate Authority via Resolver within three months of the decision by the officer. The authority shall decide your case within three months.

You also have the option to take a legal route and file a consumer case. However, litigation is a lengthy process. You should make your choice wisely. You can also notify TRAI for any violation committed by the cable TV service provider.

I have made a request for termination of services, for how long do I have to wait?

Within 7 days your request for closure or termination of services shall be adhered to by the cable TV service provider. Beyond 7 days, no rental can be charged. Such termination of services is also not conditional upon the payment of pending dues. Additionally, the outstanding security deposits should be refunded within 60 days of termination of service. If there’s a delay, beyond 60 days, you are entitled to interest at the rate of 10% per annum for the number of days refund is delayed.

Submit your issue for free via Resolver

The resolver system holds the contact details for cable TV service providers and will help you deliver and manage your complaint as it is important that you keep a complete record of all dealings you have with the cable TV company.

Following action

Setting up a case in resolver will mean the company is automatically nudged with a reminder email if it does not respond. If you are not happy when a response does arrive, the system reminds you when you can raise your case to the next most senior level of management within the company or with the prescribed ombudsman.

We have 1,315 pages of rights advice for you covering 1,920 companies and organisations across 4 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Website not working

Resolver covers the issue Website Not Working for 1 companies and organisations:

a   b   c   d   e   f   g   h   i   j   k   l   m   n   o   p   q   r   s   t   u   v   w   x   y   z