Bus Services - No receipt provided
Who is your issue with?
Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.
Know your rights
There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.
Get your voice heard
You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.
A receipt in normal terms serves as a proof of availing a particular service. It is a statement of expenses enlisting rates, prices, taxes, hiked fees, interest or any other charges. It also acts as a basis for any future claims that can be raised by the consumer.
It is a statement of proof that a service was provided or promised to be provided in lieu of which a payment is to be made or has been made by the consumer.
As a consumer, it is your right to demand a receipt as proof.
If you haven’t been given a receipt, you should contact the service provider via Resolver to ask for one.
If the service provider isn’t able to resolve the matter to your satisfaction, you have the right to approach an appropriate authority to demand a refund (as well as a receipt and potentially compensation for any damages suffered).You should know
- All bus and coach operating companies have different rules relating to customer issues, try and go through their customer care policy before making a booking.
- You must always complain to the bus company directly if you have a complaint about the service and give as much detail as possible.
- If you cannot settle your complaint directly with the bus company you can escalate the matter by approaching a court of law.
How to file a complaint against a private bus company?
- You should raise the issue with the bus driver or the conductor if there’s a problem during the journey. They should be able to assist you immediately.
- If there’s a complaint before or after the bus journey, you should file a written complaint at the consumer grievance redressal cell of the concerned bus service provider. If there's no such department in place, then you should approach their immediate contact person.
- By experience, your complaint should be resolved within 7-10 days. If the bus company fails to do so, or if you are not satisfied with the outcome, then you have the option to escalate the matter at an appropriate consumer forum.
- Before approaching the consumer court, you must serve a month's notice to the bus service provider to allow them a chance of rectification. If they still fail, then you should file a formal consumer case under "deficiency of service".
I booked a bus journey through an online portal or a third party
The online bus booking portal or the third party will only be concerned with your issue if they have made a mistake while making your booking. However, you can contact them to understand more about your issue and the related redressal procedure.
How to file a complaint against a state-owned bus service?
In India, every state has its own mode of transportation services. Such buses are owned and regulated by the state. In case of a grievance, you have to raise your issue with the state authorities only.
If you have a complaint against Delhi Tourism Corporation (DTC) bus service
- DTC has a dedicated complaint redressal cell to deal with consumer complaints. You can file a complaint through their telephone helpline or by sending an email through Resolver.
- If your complaint is not resolved or if you're unsatisfied with the outcome, escalation of your issue can be made to the Public Grievance Commission. You also have the option to approach an appropriate consumer forum if you want to take legal recourse.
- The State Transport Department of Bhopal has a dedicated helpline for lodging complaint against overloading of passenger buses and other vehicles. Complaints submitted through WhatsApp are also admitted. Bus drivers violating traffic laws and rules can be fined.
- The Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply and Transport bus undertaking, also known as ‘BEST’ bus service in Mumbai entertains complaints pertaining to the rude behaviour of the staff, over speeding of buses, reckless driving, etc. The undertaking will act on your complaint and reach to a conclusion within two weeks.
- The Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation hears complaints against bus operating staff during the journey, insanitation at depots, substandard food served at depot's restaurant or poor services.
Can I complain against the pollution caused by buses?
Yes, you may complain against the pollution generated by buses to the respective State Transport Department.
How can I complain against a Volvo bus or a tempo traveller?
The procedure of complaining against such bus coaches is similar to that of complaining against a private bus service.
Submit your issue for free via Resolver
The resolver system holds the contact details for bus operating companies and will help you deliver and manage your complaint as it is important that you keep a complete record of all dealings you have with the bus operating company.
Setting up a case in resolver will mean the company is automatically nudged with a reminder email if it does not respond. If you are not happy when a response does arrive, the system reminds you when you can raise your case to the next most senior level of management within the company.
We have 1,554 pages of rights advice for you covering 2,033 companies and organisations across 4 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.
Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.